Friday 31 May 2013

My little man




My handsome boy will be 2 years old in just over a month. He is such a funny, stylish little guy. Everyone who knows him knows how much he loves his hats and his shoe collection. Infact he rarely leaves home without some kind of hat to finish his 'do' :) 

So I recently picked up a bunch of plain t'shirts on special and thought I could 'dress them up' a little. Tonight I cut out some little hats, ties and moustaches and the letter G for my little man Griffin. I used an iron on lightweight heat 'n bond to stick them onto the shirt, then I set to work with my trusty Janome. I used a small machine blanket stitch and went slowly around the corners, and ta-da!! A cool tee for my cool little man :)


 



I just remembered some shoes I painted for Griffin recently that would go perfectly with his new tee.
 

Here they are, just a cheap pair of white canvas shoes with a little 'G man' makeover.  I painted these with acrylic paints and when they were dry I put a clear coat of acrylic over them to help protect them in the weather :)

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment